The Pet Porter’s GDPR Compliance Statement
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) came into force across the European Union on 25th July 2022 and brought the most significant changes to data protection law in two decades. Based on privacy by design and taking a risk-based approach, the GDPR has been designed to meet the digital age requirements.
The 21st Century brings broader use of technology, new definitions of what constitutes personal data, and a vast increase in cross-border processing. The new Regulation aims to standardize data protection laws and processing across the EU, affording individuals stronger, more consistent rights to access and control their personal information.
The Pet Porters (‘we’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’) are committed to ensuring the security and protection of the personal information we process and providing a compliant and consistent approach to data protection. We have always had a robust and effective data protection program that complies with existing law and abides by the data protection principles. However, we recognize our obligations to update and expand this program to meet the demands of the GDPR and the United States of America.
The Pet Porters is dedicated to safeguarding the personal information under our remit and to developing a data protection regime that is effective, fit for purpose, and demonstrates an understanding of and appreciation for the new Regulation. Our preparation and objectives for GDPR compliance have been summarized in this statement and include the development and implementation of new data protection roles, policies, procedures, controls, and measures to ensure maximum and ongoing compliance.
How We Prepared for the GDPR
The Pet Porters already has a consistent data protection and security level across our organization. However, we aim to fully comply with the GDPR by July 30th, 2022.
Our preparation includes: –
- Information Audit – carrying out a company-wide information audit to identify and assess what personal information we hold, where it comes from, how and why it is processed, and if and to whom it is disclosed.
- Policies & Procedures – revising our data protection policies and procedures to meet the requirements and standards of the GDPR and any relevant data protection laws, including: –
- Data Protection – our main policy and procedure document for data protection has been overhauled to meet the standards and requirements of the GDPR. Accountability and governance measures are in place to ensure that we understand and adequately disseminate and evidence our obligations and responsibilities, with a dedicated focus on privacy by design and the rights of individuals.
- Data Retention & Erasure – we have updated our retention policy and schedule to ensure that we meet the ‘data minimization and ‘storage limitation’ principles and that personal information is stored, archived, and destroyed compliantly and ethically. We have dedicated erasure procedures to meet the new ‘Right to Erasure’ obligation and are aware of when this and other data subject’s rights apply, along with any exemptions, response timeframes, and notification responsibilities.
- Data Breaches – our breach procedures ensure that we have safeguards and measures in place to identify, assess, investigate and report any personal data breach at the earliest possible time. Our procedures are robust and have been disseminated to all employees, making them aware of the reporting lines and steps to follow.
- International Data Transfers & Third-Party Disclosures – where The Pet Porters stores or transfers personal information outside the EU, we have robust procedures and safeguarding measures in place to secure, encrypt and maintain the integrity of the data. Our procedures include a continual review of the countries with sufficient adequacy decisions and provisions for binding corporate rules, standard data protection clauses, or approved codes of conduct for those countries without. We carry out strict due diligence checks with all recipients of personal data to assess and verify that they have appropriate safeguards in place to protect the information, ensure enforceable data subject rights, and have effective legal remedies for data subjects where applicable.
- Subject Access Request (SAR) – we have revised our SAR procedures to accommodate the revised 30-day timeframe for providing the requested information and for making this provision free of charge. Our new procedures detail how to verify the data subject, what steps to take for processing an access request, what exemptions apply, and a suite of response templates to ensure that communications with data subjects are compliant, consistent, and adequate.
- Legal Basis for Processing – we are reviewing all processing activities to identify the legal basis for processing and ensure that each basis is appropriate for its related activity. Where applicable, we also maintain records of our processing activities, ensuring that our obligations under Article 30 of the GDPR and Schedule 1 of the Data Protection Bill are met.
- Privacy Notice/Policy – we have revised our Privacy Notice(s) to comply with the GDPR, ensuring that all individuals whose personal information we process have been informed of why we need it, how it is used, what their rights are, who the information is disclosed to and what safeguarding measures are in place to protect their information.
- Obtaining Consent – we have revised our consent mechanisms for obtaining personal data, ensuring that individuals understand what they are providing, why and how we use it, and giving clear, defined ways to consent to us processing their information. We have developed stringent processes for recording consent, ensuring we can evidence an affirmative opt-in, along with time and date records, and an easy-to-see and access way to withdraw consent at any time.
- Direct Marketing – we have revised the wording and processes for direct marketing, including clear opt-in mechanisms for marketing subscriptions, a clear notice and method for opting out, and providing unsubscribe features on all subsequent marketing materials.
- Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIA) – where we process personal information that is considered high risk, involves large-scale processing, or includes special category/criminal conviction data; we have developed stringent procedures and assessment templates for carrying out impact assessments that comply fully with the GDPR’s Article 35 requirements. We have implemented documentation processes that record each assessment, allow us to rate the risk posed by the processing activity, and implement mitigating measures to reduce the risk posed to the data subject(s).
- Processor Agreements – where we use any third-party to process personal information on our behalf (e., Payroll, Recruitment, Hosting, etc), we have drafted compliant Processor Agreements and due diligence procedures for ensuring that they (as well as we), meet and understand their/our GDPR obligations. These measures include initial and ongoing reviews of the service provided, the necessity of the processing activity, the technical and organizational measures in place, and compliance with the GDPR.
- Special Categories Data – where we obtain and process any special category information, we do so in complete compliance with the Article 9 requirements and have high-level encryptions and protections on all such data. Special category data is only processed where necessary and only when we have first identified the appropriate Article 9(2) basis or the Data Protection Bill Schedule 1 condition. Where we rely on consent for processing, this is explicit and verified by a signature, with the right to modify or remove consent clearly signposted.
Data Subject Rights
In addition to the policies and procedures mentioned above that ensure individuals can enforce their data protection rights, we provide easy-to-access information via our website of an individual’s right to access any personal information that The Pet Porters processes about them and to request information about: –
- What personal data do we hold about them
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long do we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from them, information about the source
- The right to have incomplete or inaccurate data about them corrected or completed, and the process for requesting this
- The right to request the erasure of personal data (where applicable) or to restrict processing in accordance with data protection laws, as well as to object to any direct marketing from us and to be informed about any automated decision-making that we use
- The right to lodge a complaint or seek judicial remedy and who to contact in such instances
Information Security & Technical and Organizational Measures
The Pet Porters takes the privacy and security of individuals and their personal information very seriously and takes every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure the personal data that we process. We have robust information security policies and procedures in place to protect personal information from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures, including: –
• access controls,
• password policy,
• IT authentication
GDPR Roles and Employees
The Pet Porters has designated Jelena Sasko as our Appointed Person and have appointed a data privacy team to develop and implement our roadmap for complying with the new data protection Regulation. The team are responsible for promoting awareness of the GDPR across the organization, assessing our GDPR readiness, identifying any gap areas and implementing the new policies, procedures and measures.
The Pet Porters understands that continuous employee awareness and understanding is vital to the continued compliance of the GDPR and have involved our employees in our preparation plans. We have implemented an employee training program specific to this which will be provided to all employees before July 25th, 2022, and forms part of our induction and annual training program.
If you have any questions about our preparation for the GDPR, please contact Appointed Person.
Terms and Conditions
Welcome to The Pet Porters Site!
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for using The Pet Porters’ Website, located at https://www.thepetporters.com/.
By accessing this website, we assume you accept these terms and conditions. Do not continue to use The Pet Porters Site if you do not agree to take all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice, and all Agreements: “Client”, “You,” and “Your” refers to you, the person who logs on this website and is compliant with the Company’s terms and conditions. “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and “Us” refers to our Company. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance, and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of the provision of the Company’s stated services, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of Netherlands. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization, and/or he/she or they are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to the same.
Unless otherwise stated, The Pet Porters and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on The Pet Porters Site. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may access this from The Pet Porters Site for your personal use,, subject to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- Republish material from The Pet Porters Site
- Sell, rent, or sub-license material from The Pet Porters Site
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from The Pet Porters Site
- Redistribute content from The Pet Porters Site
This Agreement shall begin on the date hereof. Our Terms and Conditions were created with the help of the Free Terms and Conditions Generator.
Parts of this website offer an opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions and information in certain areas of the website. The Pet Porters does not filter, edit, publish or review Comments before their presence on the website. Comments do not reflect the views and opinions of The Pet Porters, its agents, and/or affiliates. Comments reflect the views and opinions of the person who posts their views and opinions. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, The Pet Porters shall not be liable for the Comments or any liability, damages, or expenses caused and/or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on this website.
The Pet Porters reserves the right to monitor all Comments and to remove any Comments which can be considered inappropriate, offensive, or causes a breach of these Terms and Conditions.
You warrant and represent that:
- You are entitled to post the Comments on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
- The Comments do not invade any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent, or trademark of any third party;
- The Comments do not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent, or otherwise unlawful material, which is an invasion of privacy
- The Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial or unlawful activity.
You hereby grant The Pet Porters a non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats or media.
Hyperlinking to our Content
The following organizations may link to our Website without prior written approval:
- Government agencies;
- Search engines;
- News organizations;
- Online directory distributors may link to our Website in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Websites of other listed businesses; and
- System-wide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organizations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups may not hyperlink to our Web site.
These organizations may link to our home page, to publications, or other Website information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement, or approval of the linking party and its products and/or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
We may consider and approve other link requests from the following types of organizations:
- commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources;
- dot.com community sites;
- associations or other groups representing charities;
- online directory distributors;
- internet portals;
- accounting, law, and consulting firms; and
- educational institutions and trade associations.
We will approve link requests from these organizations if we decide that: (a) the link would not make us look unfavorably to ourselves or our accredited businesses; (b) the organization does not have any negative records with us; (c) the benefit to us from the visibility of the hyperlink compensates the absence of The Pet Porters, and (d) the link is in the context of general resource information.
These organizations may link to our home page so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement, or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
If you are one of the organizations listed in paragraph 2 above and are interested in linking to our website, you must inform us by sending an e-mail to The Pet Porters. Please include your name, organization name, contact information as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our Website, and a list of the URLs on our site to which you would like to link. Wait 2-3 weeks for a response.
Approved organizations may hyperlink to our Website as follows:
- By use of our corporate name; or
- By use of the uniform resource locator being linked to; or
- Using any other description of our Website being linked to makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party’s site.
No use of The Pet Porters’ logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement.
Without prior approval and written permission, you may not create frames around our Webpages that alter our website’s visual presentation or appearance.
We shall not be held responsible for any content on your Website. You agree to protect and defend us against all claims on your Website. No link(s) should appear on any Website that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene, or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of any third party rights.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our Website. You approve to immediately remove all links to our Website upon request. We also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and its linking policy at any time. By continuously linking to our Website, you agree to be bound to and follow these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our website
If you find any offensive link on our website, you are free to contact and inform us anytime. We will consider requests to remove links, but we are not obligated to or so or to respond to you directly.
We do not ensure that the information on this website is correct. We do not warrant its completeness or accuracy, nor do we promise to ensure that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties, and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website. Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and prohibitions of liability set in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort, and for breach of statutory duty.
As long as the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.